Remi Claeys Aluminium NV
Join month: November 2021
Improve your resource efficiency
Sustainability is the biggest challenge of modern production. We need to change our economy into one that produces for a low-carbon world.
Aluminium is a key material for the circular economy. Materials that recycle forever contribute to a sustainable future. Recycling aluminium scrap requires about 5 percent of the energy used to make primary aluminium. Our aim is to enable a more circular economy through our remelt facility, where we sort and remelt used and scrapped aluminium. At Remi Claeys Aluminium Lichtervelde, more than 95% of the aluminium we use is recycled material, melted in our own remelting facility.
Remi Claeys Aluminium has a strong focus on good governance and creating a sustainable environment. For that reason we are joining ASI and commit ourselves to work hard in order to receive the certifications for both the Performance Standard and the Chain of Custody. This would show that we are committed to our focus points and that we are able to walk the talk.
– Filip Vinke – Managing Director
- Certificate Number: 170
- Provisional Status: recent acquisition/new controlling Entity
- Certification Period: 26.04.2019 - 25.04.2022
- Audit Report Public Summary
- The process casting of ingots for hot rolling coils. The process of cold rolling and slitting of aluminium coils and strips, and the manufacturing of aluminium HF seam welded tubes, at the Lichtervelde facility, Belgium.
- Aluminium Re-melting/Refining
- Material Conversion (Production and Transformation)