ASI Data Governance Manager Recruitment – Position Description
Announced: October 29, 2019 | Application deadline: November 22, 2019
About Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI)
The Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI) is a dynamic and ambitious organisation dedicated to the responsible production, sourcing and stewardship of aluminium globally. We have a global multi-stakeholder membership of more than 100 organisations, comprised of companies throughout the aluminium value chain, civil society organisations, associations and other supporters. ASI is also a member of the ISEAL Alliance, the global membership association for credible sustainability standards. We are incorporated in Australia as a non-profit organisation and a Registered Charity.
Our vision is to maximise the contribution of aluminium to a sustainable society, and in December 2017, we launched our flagship ASI Certification program comprising both a Performance Standard and Chain of Custody Standard. At October 2019, there are already 22 companies with one or more ASI Certifications, and more Certifications in the pipeline. Consumer products containing ASI Aluminium are now starting to reach the shelves. We have a strong governance model and strategy in place for continued growth, evolution and impact.
The day-to-day responsibilities of ASI are run by a dedicated and professional Secretariat. Our diverse team continues to grow as ASI’s program, objectives and stakeholder expectations continue to increase in scale and scope.
More information on ASI can be found at: www.aluminium-stewardship.org
ASI is currently seeking to fill a newly created position of ASI Data Governance Manager. The position is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic team player to continue to build and implement ASI’s data systems, collection and quality controls in our Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) program, including ASI Certifications data workflows, analysis and reporting activities in elementAl, ASI’s online assurance platform, and an associated Public Dashboard in development.
All current members of the ASI Secretariat work from a home office in various countries (Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Netherlands), collaborating as a virtual team with periodic in-person meetings. For this role, we are seeking candidates in the Netherlands as a preferred home-based location, though candidates from other locations may also be considered. All candidates must have authorisation to work in their designated home country.
Terms of appointment
ASI is an equal opportunity employer. We support flexible, home-based working, and so the pattern of daily working hours may vary according to operational and personal needs. ASI works across different time zones, and early morning, evening or weekend work may be required occasionally. The role may also involve occasional international travel and overnight stays.
The role is envisaged to be permanent and full time (though part-time may be considered), with a 6 month probation period. ASI expects to offer a competitive package in the order of 50-60,000 Euro, taking into account experience, location, weekly hours and benefits required by law in the candidate’s location, such as pension and leave allowances.
We hope to conclude the recruitment process to enable the successful candidate to commence in early January 2020.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Manage ASI’s data governance within the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) program, including data systems, analyses and quality control measures, and associated team capacity building
- Manage relevant data flows in elementAl for ASI Certifications and other M&E data collection processes
- Continue to build ASI’s Public Dashboard as a window to elementAl, to enhance transparency and access to ASI data, including aggregated live data
- Develop innovative ways to analyse, present and visualise data for communication by ASI to a range of stakeholders
- Continue to streamline and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of ASI’s data collection and analysis processes, including through ASI’s web-based platforms
- Capture learnings from M&E processes to share for internal and external reviews, including standards revision processes
- Contribute analyses to ASI’s regular communications and stakeholder updates, including content for the ASI website, periodic reports and regular newsletters
- Represent ASI in periodic technical/conference/workshop presentations, and in relevant working groups related to data governance, including in the ISEAL Alliance
- Promote quality and continuous improvement in ASI’s activities
- Support the broader work of the ASI Secretariat in collaborative workstreams
- Work collaboratively with key external stakeholders and partners
Required skills and experience
We are looking for:
- Strong analytical skills, with a passion for data and detail, and an ability to handle growing data sets
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) type programs, evaluating outcomes and impacts against a Theory of Change with an evidence-based approach
- Experience with data visualisation and communicating complex analyses to multiple stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills, particularly in the context of technical information and managing projects and deadlines
- Experience working on key sustainability topics and/or the aluminium value chain, including one or more of climate change, waste management, biodiversity, human rights and/or material stewardship
- Experience working with standards/certification/assurance frameworks, industry compliance programs, and/or international development projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and at least one (or more) other language/s
- A team player who will work collaboratively with a small decentralised team
- Willingness and enthusiasm to contribute to ASI-wide activities, where appropriate
- A relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
How to apply
Email to email@example.com with “ASI Data Governance Manager” in the subject line by November 22, 2019 with one PDF file containing:
- cover letter (no more than 2 pages) and
- resume (no more than 2 pages, no photos)
which address how your education and experience align with the position.
Please indicate your starting date availability and where you learned about the position.
Preliminary interviews will be conducted through web-based conferencing. Short-listed candidates will also be asked to provide the names and contact details of two professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.