ASI’s in-person training program
Within the educationAl learning program, ASI delivers in-person training free of charge to both accredited auditors and ASI members. Interested stakeholders are also welcome to participate* in the training sessions. Meals are included during the training, and where a partner has been confirmed, a site tour of a local operation is part of the training program.
Who should attend?
This training is designed to meet the ASI training requirements for individual auditors from ASI Accredited Certification Bodies, necessary to complete before you can conduct audits in the ASI Certification System. Auditors from Certification Bodies who are accredited, or who are in the process of accreditation, should take advantage of attending this 1.5-day workshop. This workshop will meet the ASI training requirements for auditors, and is valid for a period of two years (renewable with a refresher). Representatives from conformity assessment bodies looking at becoming ASI Accredited in the near future may also benefit from the training.
Get more information on the process for individual auditors to become accredited.
What is covered?
In this interactive session, we discuss:
- The Performance and Chain of Custody Standards – format, structure and applicability throughout the supply chain
- Interviewing techniques – how to approach different stakeholders in the audit process
- Audit sampling – how much is enough and how do you know when you’ve hit it
- Harmonisation between the ASI system and other certifications – when you don’t need to audit a criteria
- Evaluating Conformance – major, minor, not applicable and the implications of each
- Maturity Ratings – when and how to evaluate a company’s maturity and how it impacts the audit
- ASI Claims Guide – an understanding of what claims regarding ASI certifications are allowed
Presentations and exercises provide a comprehensive overview of the ASI Certification system, and there is ample room in the agenda for discussions, so come prepared with questions.
Schedule of upcoming training sessions
The scheduled training sessions as they currently stand can be found in the ASI events calendar. Mark the dates in your calendar and please get in touch with Krista West, Director of Standards to confirm your participation as soon as possible — sessions may be cancelled if a minimum level of participation is not attained**.
* a 100 USD participation fee will be charged to in-person training participants that are neither ASI accredited auditors nor ASI members. Members participating at the auditors’ training and accredited auditors participating at members’ trainings will also be charged the participation fee. That is to say, members attending the members’ training and representatives of accredited auditing firms attending auditors’ training sessions can participate free of charge.
** the minimum number of participants for a training session to take place is 10.