Simon is an anthropologist with over twenty years’ experience in the extractives sector. He supported Rio Tinto’s social licence to operate at asset level, across its global portfolio, through analysis of social risk, establishing management process to manage these risks, build capability and to measure performance. He is expert in the effective application of all routine social performance management processes and has extensive experience designing and conducting social performance assurance in the extractives context.
Areas of Expertise include:
- CSP management and systems
- Crisis management
- Client capability
- Due Diligence
- Business and Human Rights
- Cultural heritage management
- Multi-stakeholder facilitation
- Resettlement and land acquisition
- Land, livelihoods and resource conservation
- Indigenous rights and engagement.
Country experience includes Papua New Guinea, Laos, China, Australia, Iran, South Africa, Mozambique, Uganda, Guinea, Democratic Republic of Congo, Serbia, USA, Canada.
Languages: English (fluent), French (basic).