Emirates Global Aluminium PJSC
Join month: February 2017
Emirates Global Aluminium (“EGA”) is a jointly-held, equal-ownership company formed by Mubadala Development Company of Abu Dhabi and the Investment Corporation of Dubai by combining their respective aluminium industry interests.
EGA’s heritage stretches back to the 1970s and it is the largest industrial company in the UAE outside oil and gas.
EGA’s core operating assets are two smelting operations located in Dubai and Abu Dhabi whose combined production capacity of 2.4 million tonnes per annum.
EGA also owns Guinea Alumina Corporation (“GAC”), a strategic bauxite mine and alumina refinery development project in West Africa; and is currently developing an alumina refinery in the UAE.
EGA makes high quality primary aluminium products in three main categories: high purity and foundry re-melt products (for electronics,aerospace and automotive applications respectively); rolled products (for packaging, lithographic sheets and the automotive industry); and billets for extrusion and forging (for construction, industrial, transportation and automotive purposes). EGA has over 300 customers in over 60 countries.
EGA has focused on innovation for decades, to continually improve the performance and sustainability of its aluminium smelting process. Last year EGA became the first UAE industrial company to licence its core industrial technology internationally, in an agreement with Alba of Bahrain.
We have spent decades at EGA continuously improving to build a business that is financially, environmentally and socially sustainable. Joining ASI will help us on the next stage of this journey, and we hope to share some of what we have learned along the way with our industry.
– Abdulla Kalban, Manager Director and CEO
- EGA media release: EGA supports UAE aluminium sector companies’ engagement with Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (published 27.11.19)
- Aluminium Insider article: "EGA Inks Agreement with University of Queensland on Project to Convert Bauxite Residue to Soil" (published 9.10.17)
- Aluminium Today article: "EGA: Waste management" (published 14.8.17)
- EGA Press Release "EGA first In Middle East to join Global Aluminium Sustainability Initiative" (published 23.2.17)
- Certificate Number: 27
- Certification Period: 09.05.2019 - 08.05.2022
- Audit Report Public Summary
- Emirates Global Aluminium PJSC, Al Taweelah site (UAE) including smelting and casting of aluminium, carbon plants, power generation, utilities, associated facilities and EGA head office.
- Aluminium smelting