ASI Standards Committee
Key responsibilities of the ASI Standards Committee include:
- Approve new and revised ASI standards, guidance and related normative documents for assurance and claims, for adoption by the ASI Board
- Provide guidance on the consultation and engagement of stakeholders during standards development activities
- Recommend that ASI convene working groups or forums on specific standards-related issues
- Review and make recommendations on ASI’s monitoring and evaluation of impacts
- Provide guidance relating to the quality and impartiality of ASI’s certification and auditor accreditation activities.
During active standards development periods, all relevant stakeholders are invited to participate in public consultation opportunities. The feedback from all stakeholders is taken into account by the Standards Committee, which seeks to balance a range of stakeholder interests in determining the final content of new standards, revisions and supporting documents. The ASI Board has oversight of the standards development process and the final responsibility for adoption of new or revised standards for implementation by ASI members.