Join date: January 2015
Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling.
Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 50 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
What members are saying…
We want to ensure that through a clear set of rules, the aluminum industry and its customer industries are recognized as responsible, sustainable actors, so that we continue can make our contribution to the world of tomorrow. Uniform standards provide insight. They create understanding and reliability and make it easier for all actors, whether legislators, observers or users to properly classify aluminum and its good use. Therefore, we are working closely with the ASI together with important, long-standing customers to define and implement the commitment to sustainable aluminium.
Taken from Aluminium Praxis Magazine, translated from German.
- Hydro media release: Hydro takes first step towards certification of responsible aluminium across the value chain
- ASI media release: ASI certifies first aluminium extrusion plant against ASI Performance Standard
- Certificate Number: 10
- Certification Period: 9.11.2018 - 8.11.2021
- Audit Report Public Summary
- The audit scope included all production lines: Extrusion, anodizing, powder coating and thermal break at the Hydro facility in Hoogezand, Netherlands.
- Supply chain activities included in the audit scope: