Join date: January 2015
Every day, across the world billions of litres of water, milk, juice and other liquid foods are consumed. At Tetra Pak, we have developed a range of packages to protect both the nutritional value and the taste of the products inside. Thanks to Tetra Pak technology, the packaging and distribution of liquid products to the consumer has been greatly facilitated.
Today, Tetra Pak offers much more than just packaging equipment for liquid food products. We also provide a range of processing and packaging technologies for use with a broad array of products, from ice cream and cheese to fruit, vegetables and pet food. We supply complete systems for processing, packaging and distribution, designed to optimise the use of resources. Our processing systems are not only developed to treat the products gently, but also to minimise the use of raw materials and energy during manufacture and subsequent distribution. We are committed to reducing the environmental impact of our operations and to enhancing the environmental performance of our products and solutions, including the continued development of environmentally efficient packages that protect food and prevent it from being wasted.
At Tetra Pak, our approach to sustainability derives from our brand promise: PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD. That means protecting food, through our processing and packaging activities. But it also means protecting people, both inside and outside the company. And it means protecting futures: our planet’s, our customers’ and our own.
Tetra Pak is one of three companies in the Tetra Laval Group – a private group that started in Sweden. The other two companies are DeLaval and Sidel. Tetra Laval is headquartered in Switzerland.
- Tetra Pak media release:
- ASI media release: Aluminium Stewardship Initiative certifies Tetra Pak against the ASI Performance Standard
- Certificate Number: 9
- Certification Period: 29.10.2018 - 28.10.2021
- Audit Report Public Summary
- Tetra Pak audit covered review of the Central Functions at the head office in Lund, Sweden, for Material Stewardship related activities across all Tetra Pak Packaging Material and Additional Materials sites. All criteria from Principle 4 Material Stewardship in the ASI Performance Standard were included in the audit scope.
- Supply chain activities included in the audit scope:
- Other manufacturing or sale of products containing Aluminium