Production and Transformation
About STEMIN S.p.A.
STEMIN is a company operating in the sector of recovery, treatment and marketing of metal scrap according to UNI. This sector has undergone profound changes over the years that have involved the transformation of the activity from simple collection and trade to real waste management, with all the operational, administrative and legal complexities that this change entails. STEMIN is currently the European leader in the recovery of metal scrap, especially aluminum. The many years of experience and the continuous search for innovative processes have made it possible to achieve high quality standards and efficiency.
STEMIN is operator of the CONAI Consortium to which RICREA belongs for the steel sector and CIAL for the aluminum sector. The latter is the real core business of the company, thanks to which Stemin has achieved large market shares.
The main activities are:
- crushing through the hammer crusher mill
- volume reduction through 3-stage presses and shears
- granule reduction through the blade granulator mill
- separation of metals from aggregates with linear motors (Focault currents)
- separation of atomic absorption metals
- spectrographic analysis laboratory
Since our company was founded, we have focused our view and business in aluminium, trusting in this environmental sustainability features our success is based in circular economy principles from waste to products and our main slogan is ‘recycling is better.
- Jordan Foglieni, CEO
CertificationsPerformance Standard V2 (2017)
- Certificate Number: 222
- Certification Period: 27.09.2022 - 26.09.2025
- Audit Report Public Summary
- Manufacturing of aluminium ingots at the (41) STEMIN S.p.A., (K4) STEMIN S.p.A. and RADIATORI 2000 S.p.A. facilities in Italy.
- Aluminium Re-melting / Refining
All activities in the aluminium value chain*
- Aluminium re-melting, refining or recycling
- Automotive - Product or component manufacturing (material conversion)
- Other - Product or component manufacturing (material conversion)
- Lighting, Domestic app, Electric motors
- Trade or collection of aluminium for re-melting or recycling
* contains both ASI-certified and non ASI-certified
Countries of operation
Other Production and Transformation Members
SHARE THIS PAGE: