The globalisation of the Guinean bauxite mining industry
Guinea is today one of the world’s largest bauxite producers. Watch this ASI learning module to understand the local context and sustainability challenges.
13 April 2022
Bauxite mining in Guinea – ASI learning module
In December 2021, ASI launched an educationAl learning module, “The globalisation of the Guinean bauxite mining industry“, to offer key insights into Guinea’s bauxite mining industry.
The on-demand module aims to help external stakeholders understand the local contexts in which bauxite mining happens in Guinea, to support due diligence by supply chain stakeholders. The module includes:
- An introduction to the social, cultural, and political context of Guinea
- An overview of the past, present, and future of mining in Guinea
- An overview of bauxite mining from 1958 to the present
- The role of the state
- The role of due diligence
- Conclusions and recommendations
- Thoughts on collective action
The Guinea module forms part of a broader educationAl course on Exercising risk-based due diligence in the aluminium supply chain.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE