Kobe Steel, Ltd.
Join month: May 2022
Member class: Production & Transformation
Since the establishment of Kobe Steel in 1905, the Kobe Steel Group (also known as the KOBELCO Group) has worked with customers to create and provide products that meet their needs along with the development of society.
Our Group’s business has grown in a wide range of fields while fulfilling the expectations of society. Today, we are engaged in multiple businesses, including the materials businesses which consists of steel, aluminum, advanced materials, and welding; the machinery businesses which consists of industrial machinery, engineering, and construction machinery; and the electric power business.
The KOBELCO Group aims to further increase its corporate value by fulfilling various social responsibilities and contributing to solving social issues through providing technologies, products, and services under the framework of sustainability management based on the Group Corporate Philosophy.
“As one of the few manufacturers that provides both steel and aluminum products, Kobe Steel has been operating its business globally. The aluminum-related business is growing in Japan and other Asian countries as well as in North America. As a member of ASI, our company will support the initiative to drive transformation for the global aluminum industry with the aim of contributing to the environment and society and achieving sustainable growth through its business activities.”
– Makoto Mizuguchi – Executive Vice President, Head of the Steel & Aluminum Business
CertificationsPerformance Standard V2 (2017)
- Certificate Number: 159 Rev. 1
- Certification Period: 26.10.2021 - 25.10.2024
- Audit Report Public Summary
- All activities at Ulsan Aluminum Limited in Ulsan, South Korea, including the manufacture of aluminium and aluminium coil and sheet specifically for automotive, can and specialty products.
- Aluminium Re-melting/Refining
- Material Conversion (Production and Transformation)