Hindalco Industries Ltd. Taloja Unit
Production and Transformation
About Hindalco Industries Ltd. Taloja Unit
Hindalco Industries Limited, an Indian aluminium and copper manufacturing company, is a subsidiary of the Aditya Birla Group. Its headquarters are at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. The company has annual sales of US$15 billion and employs around 20,000 people.
HINDALCO, Taloja is an operating unit of HINDALCO INDUSTRIES LIMITED, which has a domestic market share of 51 % in the rolled products (FRP). Taloja unit produces about 25% of the total rolled products of HINDALCO. Taloja unit was a part of erstwhile INDAL (started in India by ALCAN of Canada in 1971) and became part of HINDALCO in 2005, due to transfer of ownership by ALCAN in the year 2000.
HINDALCO Taloja was commissioned in 1971 with installed capacity of 11,500 TPA of aluminium rolling and formally inaugurated in 1972. The current rated capacity is 60,000 TPA.
Hindalco’s vision is to be sustainable and inline with this vision, our unit has planned to go ahead with this certification.
- Mr. Soumojit Dawn, Unit Head, Hindalco Industries Ltd, Taloja Unit
CertificationsPerformance Standard V2 (2017)
- Certificate Number: 259
- Certification Period: 07.03.2023 - 06.03.2026
- Audit Report Public Summary
- The manufacture of Aluminium flat rolled productsincluding lithographic sheet stock, foilstock, finstock and closure stock, at the Taloja Works facility, India.
- Aluminium Re-melting/Refining
- Material Conversion (Production and Transformation)
Activities in the aluminium value chain*
- Semi-fabrication (rolling, extrusion, casting)
* may contain both ASI-certified and non ASI-certified
Countries of operation
Other Production and Transformation Members
SHARE THIS PAGE: