Welcome to educationAl
educationAl is ASI’s new online learning platform. It brings together fundamentAl, inspirationAl, and conversationAl, each of which bring a different perspective on the ASI Standards and the certification program for responsible aluminium. Check out the educationAl intro video for more information.
Below you will find the list of existing and upcoming webinars within the three categories. If you have a suggestion for a topic we should cover, please contact us. New webinars will be announced on the ASI Twitter feed, so be sure to follow us.
The fundamentAl series provides a solid overview, while also delving into some essential details on the core elements of the ASI Standards and supporting normative documentation.
- fundamentAl-1: Introduction to the ASI Standards Program
- fundamentAl-2: Performance Standard
- fundamentAl-3: Chain of Custody Standard
- fundamentAl-4: Claims Guide
- fundamentAl-5: Maturity rating (NEW)
- fundamentAl-6: Audit preparation
- fundamentAl-7: elementAl insights
- fundamentAl-8: Report Writing
- fundamentAl-9: Objective Evidence, Interviewing and Sampling (NEW)
- fundamentAl-10: Conformance evaluation (NEW)
- fundamentAl-11: Aluminium: The Basics
- fundamentAl-12: Harmonisation and Audit Scope
The inspirationAl webinars dig deeper into specific topics to reveal how the ASI Standards are applied and addressing the relevant issues along the aluminium value chain, or on specific functional elements of the certification program.
- inspirationAl-1: Performance Standard – FPIC
- inspirationAl-2: Performance Standard – Biodiversity
- inspirationAl-3: Performance Standard & CoC – Human Rights
- inspirationAl-4: Performance Standard & CoC – Due Diligence
- inspirationAl-5: Performance Standard – Mine Sites
- inspirationAl-6: Intro to Integrated Biodiversity Assessment Tool (IBAT) (NEW)
- inspirationAl-7: CoC – Market Credits
- inspirationAl-8: CoC – Mass Balance
- inspirationAl-9: Upstream Facilities
- inspirationAl-10: Downstream Facilities
In the conversationAl videos, we speak with ASI members and stakeholders, auditors and specialists in order to shed light on their experiences and perspectives working within the ASI Standards system.
- conversationAl-1: Louis Biswane, Organisation of Kalin’a and Lokono Peoples in Marowijne (KLIM), Suriname
- conversationAl-2: Father Nicholas Barla, Indigenous Peoples Forum, Odisha, India and ASI IPAF Representative
- conversationAl-3: Marie-Josée Artiste, Association of Indigenous Village Leaders in Suriname (VIDS) and ASI IPAF Representative
- conversationAl-4: Tolga Egrilmezer, Rio Tinto and ASI Board Member
- conversationAl-5: Catherine Munger, Rio Tinto and ASI Standards Committee Member
- conversationAl-6: Roland Dubois, Rio Tinto and former ASI Standards Committee Member
- conversationAl-7: Thomas Greigeritsch, Constantia Flexibles (NEW)