January 2022 Newsletter headlines
Here are the highlights from the latest newsletter edition:
2022 – ASI’s Strategy on a page
Happy new year! While the world continues to face the challenges of Covid for yet another year uptake of ASI along the aluminium value chain has continued to grow. We are proud to now have 210 ASI Members across our 6 membership classes, and 164 ASI Certificates have been issued to certifying Members for both Performance and Chain of Custody. Read More.
ASI Complaints Mechanism update published; third-party portal launched
ASI has launched a new access point for the ASI Complaints Mechanism. The new portal – aluminium-stewardship.ethicspoint.com – is hosted by a third-party, EthicsPoint, and is available in five languages – English, Chinese, French, German and Portuguese (Brazil). Read More.
Public consultation underway; ends February 6
Ten days remain for stakeholders to submit feedback and comments on the draft revised ASI Standards and supporting documents. Read More.
ASI’s learning platform registers a six-fold increase in Guinea-based learner enrolments in 2021
Driven by ASI efforts to engage stakeholders from Guinea (the second largest bauxite producing nation in the world, ASI’s learning platform, educationAl, recorded a significant increase in learners from Guinea and the African region as a whole in the second half of 2021. Read More.
Billy Cheung joins ASI Secretariat as Digital Projects Manager
We are pleased to announce that Billy has joined ASI in January 2022 as a Digital Projects Manager and is based in London, United Kingdom. Read More.
Register now for the CEO Roundtable for Investors webinar hosted by CRU
ASI CEO, Fiona Solomon, joins the heads of the leading metal sustainability assurance schemes — Coppermark and ResponsibleSteel — at the CEO Roundtable for Investors: Aluminium, copper & steel sustainability assurance, hosted by CRU and directed at the investor community. Read More.
Join us for 45 minutes on… Crunching the numbers: Analysing ASI Certification Data using the new ASI Public Dashboard
With more than 150 Certifications issued to date and a strong pipeline of new and re-Certifications, the Public Dashboard enables all stakeholders to easily gain both a detailed and big picture view of the ASI program via tabular and graphical data, search and filter functionalities, and more. Read More.
45 Minutes on… debrief: Net-Zero Standard webinar with Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
Two information-packed sessions and dynamic Q&A: Recording, slide deck, Q&A now online. Read More.
Watch the recordings
Each of our 45 Minutes on… webinars is recorded and publicly available. Read More.
ASI Certifications update
In January, ASI Members achieved four new certifications, with several more in the announcement pipeline. Read More.
- Profilgruppen Extrusions has achieved ASI Performance Standard Certification for the development and manufacture of customized aluminium extrusions and components at its Åseda, Sweden plant. Consult the media release.
- OETINGER Aluminium has achieved ASI Performance Standard Certification with Provisional status for the production of aluminium alloys in the form of liquid metal and ingots from scrap and recycled materials at their Weißenhorn and Neu-Ulm plants in Germany. Consult the media release.
- Lizhong Sitong Light Alloys Group Co., Ltd. has achieved ASI Performance Standard Certification for the design and manufacture of alloys, metal additives and fluxes at the Lizhong Sitong Light Alloys Group facility in Baoding City, Hebei Province, China. Consult the media release.
- Gränges has achieved ASI Chain of Custody Standard Certification for its casting and rolling operations at its plant in Shanghai, China. The facility, which produces aluminium strips and plates mainly for the automotive industry, achieved Performance Standard Certification in July 2019. Consult the media release.
ASI Membership news
In January, ASI welcomed two Production & Transformation members and one General Supporter member, bringing the total number of ASI members to 210. Read More.
- JRG COMERCIAL, S.A. DE C.V. – General Supporter
- Eccomelt Canada – Production and Transformation
- Speira – Production & Transformation
ASI Secretariat team members will be speaking at the following events. Read More.
- CEO Roundtable | February 1, 2022
- ALUS’10 | March 3-4, 2022
- Sustainable Industrial Manufacturing | March 9-10, 2022
- IBAAS-JNARDDC 2022 Conference and Exhibition | September 14-17, 2022