No matter which part of the aluminium value chain you’re interested in, and no matter the size, place or nature of your organisation: if you want to take the next step to enhance sustainability, you should join ASI. Find out more about current ASI members.
Members benefit through their association with ASI’s multi-stakeholder work program and directly contribute to enhancing sustainability in the global aluminium sector.
Depending on your goals, ASI membership provides opportunities for you to:
- Enhance reputation through proactive efforts to implement and support standards
- Participate in multi-stakeholder dialogues on responsible production and sourcing
- Access ASI’s learning program, educationAl, and expertise for implementation support
- Work towards ASI Certification using ASI’s customised online platform, elementAl
- Align practices with relevant regulatory, customer or stakeholder requirements
- Network with a community that is passionate about addressing sustainability issues
General member benefits include:
- Opportunity to participate in ASI governance, including Working Groups (All members), Committees
and/or the ASI Board (Full members)
What to do next?
- Download the updated ASI Membership Information and Application Form.
- Fill out and submit the pdf Membership Form. Note: the form should be filled out electronically using Adobe Acrobat / Reader software.
- Read the ASI Antitrust Compliance Policy.
- Consult the Path to ASI Certification webinar and the ASI Standards section for more resources and information.
- Voting rights as an ASI member for governance elections and member resolutions
- Discounted member registration fee for ASI events, including the annual AGM Week
- Member newsletter subscription
Your membership will also be supporting ASI’s broader objectives, including to:
- Enhance transparency and due diligence in supply chains
- Identify and better manage current and emerging supply chain risks
- Share best practices and improvement opportunities across sectors
- Contribute to collaborations, partnerships and harmonisation efforts
- Create more impact on environmental and social issues by working collectively
‘Production and Transformation’ and ‘Industrial Users’ members commit to achieve certification against the ASI Performance Standard for at least one facility or product line within 2 years of joining ASI.
Full details on membership classes, fees, and commitments are found in the ASI Membership Information and Application form.
These activities are informed by consensus-building with all members, stakeholder engagement meetings, expert input and pilot testing of proposed models. ASI encourages your support and engagement in our ongoing program activities.