Here are the highlights from the latest newsletter edition:
ASI holds successful virtual Annual General Meeting
On May 20, ASI held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) over Zoom with a total of 129 attendees, from 75 ASI Member organisations plus other participants, across 29 countries. Read more.
International Energy Agency’s energy roadmap to net-zero emissions published
The International Energy Agency has published the first global energy roadmap to net-zero emissions by mid-century, the level required to have any chance of limiting global warming to 1.5°C. Read more.
ASI Standards Revision: consultation outcomes
The 60-day public consultation period on the ASI Standards draft revision documents ended on April 30, 2021. Read more.
M&E Insights: ASI Performance Standard Conformance Ratings
ASI publishes a summary of audit findings for all ASI Certifications. Under the ASI Certification program, non-conformances are required to be addressed during the Certification period. Tracking non-conformances is key to understanding where issues are and where we expect to see corrective action and improvement over time. Read more.
Watch the recording of our 45 minutes on… ASI’s Oversight Process
ASI holds a regular series of webinars for ASI Members to enhance dialogue and engagement opportunities. The webinars cover topics directly related to the ASI Standards and our work program, but also topics that provide insights into the broader context within which we work. The recordings of these webinars are made available to all ASI stakeholders.
ASI Certifications update
In May, ASI Members achieved two new certifications, with several more in the announcement pipeline.
- Rio Tinto has achieved ASI Performance Standard certification with Provisional Status for its Iceland Smelter (ISAL). [Provisional under COVID Interim Policy]
- Jiangsu Zhongji Lamination Materials Co., Ltd has achieved ASI Chain of Custody (CoC) Standard certification for its material conversion activities at the Anhui Maximum Aluminium Industries Co., Ltd. plant in Anhui Province, China.
ASI Membership news
In May, ASI welcomed seven new members — four Production & Transformation members, two Industrial Users, and one General Supporter member — bringing the total number of ASI members to 171. Read more.
- ALUMAN SA: Production & Transformation
- IMT Italia S.p.A: Production & Transformation
- Romco Group Ltd (UK): Production & Transformation
- Aluphoenix Srl: Production & Transformation
- Magna PT B.V. & Co. KG: Industrial User
- Kaiser Aluminum Corporation: Industrial User
- Alumina Limited: General Supporter