October ASI Newsletter highlights
In the October newsletter edition:
- Tackling sustainability challenges to meet future aluminium demand
- Global demand for primary aluminium continues to grow, with some analysts projecting long-term growth of 50% or more out to 2050. Primary aluminium requires viable bauxite resources and two stages of mineral processing and metal production – alumina refining followed by aluminium smelting – before it becomes available to downstream aluminium users. What are some of the sustainability changes collectively ahead of us to produce and source responsible aluminium?
- ASI successfully passes ISEAL Standards Setting Code independent evaluation
- ASI is an associate member of the ISEAL Alliance, and we are working towards full membership under their current structure. This month we received a successful Independent Evaluation of our compliance with the ISEAL Standards Setting Code.
- ASI is expanding its team
- As our ambitions and workload continue to grow, ASI is expanding its team in 2020 to increase our capacity to deliver outcomes and impact for all stakeholders.
- ASI Certifications update
- In October, we announced two new certifications against the ASI Performance Standard.
- ASI Membership News
- In October, ASI welcomed three new members bringing the total number of ASI members to 102.
- Upcoming events
- In-person Training: London, November 4, 2019
- In-Person Training: UAE, November 14, 2019
- In-Person Training: China, December 4, 2019
- ASI Annual General Meeting 2020 – Save the Date!
- 9th IBAAS International Conference & Exhibition