Here are the highlights from the latest newsletter edition:
ASI launches Public Dashboard for elementAl
ASI is pleased to launch its new Public Dashboard for elementAl, ASI’s online assurance platform. The Public Dashboard provides database-level access to ASI Certification data that, to date, has been published only in PDF form. This is an important milestone that realises ASI’s original vision for end-to-end digitisation of Certification data and workflows. Streamlined access is now available for current and historical ASI Certification data, which can be used to inform stakeholders’ analyses and decision-making. Read more.
M&E Insights: Exploring ASI Certification data through the Public Dashboard
With the new ASI Public Dashboard launched this month, ASI enables all interested stakeholders simpler access to published and aggregated data on ASI Certifications. The Public Dashboard contains live data, so when a new Certification is released, it will also be available in the Dashboard. This month we have prepared some examples to illustrate how you can use the Public Dashboard to gain insights into the ASI Certification Program. Read more.
Chinelo Etiaba appointed as ASI Director of Membership
ASI is delighted to announce the appointment of Chinelo Etiaba as our Director of Membership. Chinelo brings over 18 years’ experience in the corporate membership sector, and a flair for managing relationships. Read more.
Watch the recording: Chain of Custody Materials flows: latest data and future developments
This webinar examines in more detail the second year of ASI Chain of Custody flows data, visualised in the context of aluminium global supply and demand. The visualisation, updated with 2020 data reported by more than double the number of CoC Certified Entities than there were in 2019, shows how annual flows of CoC Material are growing over time and through the global value chain. Read more.
ASI Certifications update
In September, ASI Members achieved 2 new certifications, with several more in the announcement pipeline. Read more.
- ELVAL Hellenic Aluminium Industry has achieved ASI Chain of Custody (CoC) Standard certification for its Aluminium Rolling Division of Elvalhalcor S.A. for the facility in Oinofyta, Greece.
- Alcoa has achieved ASI Performance Standard Certification at their Aluminerie de Bécancour (ABI) and Aluminerie de Deschambault smelters in Quebec, Canada.
ASI Membership news
In September, ASI welcomed three Production & Transformation members and three General Supporter members bringing the total number of ASI members to 195. Read more.
- GZ Industries Limited – Production & Transformation
- Sumitomo Corporation – General Supporter
- Ningbo HuaYang Aluminium-Tech Co., Ltd. – Production & Transformation
- Qatalum – Production & Transformation
- Sunstone Development Co., Ltd. – General Supporter
- ITOCHU Corporation – General Supporter
ASI Secretariat team members will be speaking at the following events. Read more.
- European SDG Roundtable
- AZ China
- ISCOBA 2021 Conference
- IBAAS-JNARDDC 2022 Conference and Exhibition
- Sustainable Industrial Manufacturing