September ASI Newsletter highlights
In the September newsletter edition:
- ASI membership hits 100!
- With the addition of Greatview Aseptic Packaging as a new Industrial User member, we are delighted to announce that ASI membership has reached 100 members in September 2019. Since starting with only 13 members at incorporation in June 2015, ASI’s ongoing growth reflects a shared commitment to maximising the contribution of aluminium to a sustainable society.
- New ASI Governance Handbook V2
- ASI is committed to developing and implementing good governance practices on behalf of its multi-stakeholder membership. During 2019, ASI has been conducting a formal Governance Review, to identify opportunities for improvement and clarification in our processes. This month, the ASI Board approved a new version 2 of the ASI Governance Handbook.
- ASI Independent Director appointment
- ASI has a Board of 8 Directors, 2 elected from each of ASI’s three full membership classes (Production and Transformation, Industrial Users and Civil Society), plus 2 Independent Directors. Following a three-year term as an Independent Director, Heather Campbell has stepped down this month and Anita Roper has been appointed as a new Independent Director for ASI.
- ASI Certifications update
- In September, we announced one new certification against the ASI Chain of Custody Standard. Two members extended existing certifications to include additional facilities.
- ASI Membership News
- In September, ASI membership attained a major milestone as we welcomed Greatview Aseptic Packaging as the 100th ASI member! In addition, we welcomed Settle Ghana (Civil Society) and Trimet Aluminium (Production & Transformation) as ASI’s 99th and 98th members respectively.
- Upcoming events
- In-person Training: London, November 4, 2019
- In-Person Training: UAE, November 14, 2019
- In-Person Training: China, December 4, 2019
- ASI Annual General Meeting 2020 – Save the Date!
- 9th IBAAS International Conference & Exhibition