Welcome to the Library. Our aim is to present stories, media and links relevant to the aluminium industry, exploring the context within which the ASI works, as well as portraying the efforts and outcomes of the ASI, its members and partners.
- How would you like your aluminium? Green or black? From Reuters. Published May 10, 2017
- Several ASI-related articles. in Aluminium International Today Packaging Supplement. Published April 2017
- Une certification favorable aux alumineries québécoises. In Les affaires. Published February 25, 2017
- Forging ahead with the development of the Performance and Chain of Custody Standards for the aluminium value chain. In International Aluminium Journal. Published October 2016
- Zertifiziert. In Metallmarkt. Published July 2016.
- Fostering greater sustainability in the aluminium value chain. In Constellium Business and sustainability performance report 2015. Published 2016.
- Aluminium Stewardship Initiative: Mehr Nachhaltigkeit und Transparenz im Aluminiumsektor. In Aluminium Praxis Magazin 01.16. Published 2016. English translation.
- Cradle to gate: life cycle impact of primary aluminium production. In The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. Published 2015.
- Using initiative. Aluminium International Today Magazine. Published 2015.
An interview with ASI Executive Director, Dr. Fiona Solomon.
- “Sustainability questions are increasingly important for every industry and the aluminium industry is no exception.” An Interview with ASI Executive Director, Dr. Fiona Solomon. Published 16.2.16.
- Collaboration for a closed-loop value chain: Transferable learning points from the REALCAR project. This report explores the lessons learnt from the REALCAR closed loop value chain project between Jaguar Land Rover, Novelis, Innovate UK and other industrial, academic and funding partners.
More on Voluntary Standards Initiatives
The ISEAL Alliance is the global membership organisation for sustainability standards. ISEAL’s mission is to strengthen sustainability standards systems for the benefit of people and the environment. Their website has a wealth of information on good practice and the work of its members across a wide range of sectors and industries.
As an ISEAL subscriber ASI is part of the wider ISEAL community, and plans to apply for membership once its certification system is in operation and can be evaluated against ISEAL’s membership criteria.
ASI’s Performance Standard references a number of important social, environmental and governance criteria. The standards and initiatives below share common interests and objectives: