ASI welcomes new members from anywhere in the world, from every part of the aluminium supply chain, and from civil society groups, associations, and other supporting organisations. Find out more about current ASI members.
In 2017, ASI members are working on:
- Finalising the assurance model and normative documents for ASI’s certification program.
- Finalising a chain-of-custody standard for the flow of ASI-compliant aluminium through the value chain.
- Addressing key implementation issues such as harmonisation, recycling and material stewardship, greenhouse gases and environmental impacts.
- Getting hands-on experience with the online assurance platform ‘elementAl’, sending feedback on functionality, and taking the first steps on self assessments.
- Preparing for the start of certification, set to begin Dec 2017/Jan 2018.
What to do next?
- Consult the updated ASI Information and Membership Form, which indicates the new fee structure set to begin on January 1, 2018. Note: New members joining before December 31, 2017 will fall under the current fee structure.
- Fill out and submit the pdf Membership Form. Note: the form should be filled out electronically using Adobe Acrobat / Reader software.
- Read the ASI Antitrust Compliance Policy
These activities are informed by consensus-building with all members, stakeholder engagement meetings, expert input and pilot testing of proposed models. ASI encourages your support and engagement in these critical development stages.
ASI Members leading the way
With the strong engagement of its members, ASI is on track to launch the Performance and Chain of Custody Standards at the end of 2017/start of 2018. Find out more.