Making a complaint – direct to ASI
An ASI Complaints Form, and guidance for completing it, is included in Appendix 1 of the document. Fully completed ASI Complaints Forms with supporting evidence may be submitted by post or email direct to ASI:
ASI may request Complainants to prepare official translations of documents that are not in English at the Complainant’s expense. For Complaints involving Indigenous Peoples communities, ASI will discuss with Complainants on a case by case basis how translations support can be provided where needed.
What will happen to my complaint?
Every Complaint submitted to ASI will be carefully reviewed and responded to. In general terms, there are a range of possible outcomes of submitting a complaint:
- A Complaint may not be within the scope of the ASI Complaints Mechanism; or
- Where a Complaint is within scope, it follows ASI’s published procedures which may result in one or more of the following:
- The matter may be resolved through dialogue or mediation
- An independent Panel may be convened
- The matter may be flagged for the next scheduled audit
- Corrective action may be undertaken by the Respondent, either voluntarily or as required by a determination made under the complaints process
- Disciplinary procedures may be initiated and sanctions may be applied, which can include loss of ASI Certification and/or Membership for ASI Members, or loss of ASI Accreditation for Auditors.
The ASI Complaints Mechanism, including all decisions made under it, binds:
- ASI, ASI Members and Board directors – by virtue of the ASI Constitution; and
- ASI Auditors, ASI employees, contractors and others – by virtue of separate contractual arrangements.
What complaints have been made so far?
So far, ASI has received no formal complaints via the ASI Complaints Mechanism.
Where agreed by the parties, tracking of Complaints under investigation will be available on the ASI website, including a summary of the issue(s), the steps and processes underway/used to resolve the Complaint, and the outcome(s) reached. The ASI Board will be kept updated on Complaints in process, including recommendations from the ASI Complaints Officer, a Panel or the Indigenous Peoples Advisory Forum for addressing these.
In all cases, once investigation processes are concluded, Complaints received and processed will be included in an overall summary publicly available to interested stakeholders on this page.