ASI to participate on two panels at AZ Global Aluminium Conference
ASI will be participating at the upcoming AZ Global Aluminium Online Conference 2022. Both Chris Bayliss, ASI Director of Standard and Fiona Solomon, ASI CEO will be speaking as panellists.
16 August 2022
ASI will be participating at the upcoming AZ Global Aluminium Online Conference 2022. Both Chris Bayliss, ASI Director of Standard and Fiona Solomon, ASI CEO will be speaking as panellists in the following two sessions respectively:
1) When the Public Demands Answers: How is aluminium making the world a better place?
From Bauxite mines and recycled aluminium right through to downstream, the industry must focus on issues such as climate, circularity and human rights. What are the challenges and opportunities for the industry with regards to these issues?
Followed by a Panel Discussion:
- Our role as responsible corporate citizens: Are we making a difference? What needs to be reformed?
- Is the industry driving and educating the public about climate change and the need for recycling? • Is the average consumer aware of the environmental issues in the aluminium industry? Are they aware of the industry striving to reduce and eliminate its carbon footprint? Or is there a gap between industry and the public perception or public awareness? If yes how can we breach the gap?
- The role of public communication and the importance to respond to public queries. Who’s job is it? • What is the role of the Media? How transparent can we be as an industry with the public?
- Will the average consumer contribute to a better environment by buying aluminium products? What do we need to do to contribute positively to the public?
- When the public wakes up and demands answers, are we ready and proud to say we have achieved optimum environmental goals?
- Are we doing enough in terms of cooperation and working for the common good or what else do we have to do?
2) Wealth Flows from Energy and Ideas: The future is green energy. How can we get there?
November 9 @ 8:30 AM – 9:15 AM UTC
Discussion framework: The world needs to act on climate change. The aluminium industry generates around 1.1 billion tons of CO2 emissions per year constituting 1% of the total global caused CO2 emissions. Our industry must do our part to reduce our carbon footprint and improve the world’s fight against climate change. We need to reboot commitments and actions to meet the needs of the environment. We especially need to re-evaluate our energy supply.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE